Friday, June 13, 2008

Chew stands by Petaling Jaya Utara

PETALING JAYA: Datin Paduka Chew Mei Fun may have failed to defend her seat in the recent elections but she is here to stay and serve the people of Petaling Jaya Utara.

The former member of parliament said she would continue to help the people, especially on the welfare of women and children. "Politics is in my blood, if we're sincere to help, I think that would be appreciated by the people." She added politicians should not stop serving the people just because they lost.

"I'm not the representative of the people any more but under the MCA umbrella, I would still continue," said Chew, who is also Wanita MCA deputy chairman. She was speaking at the launch of her new service centre in Damansara Uptown. "This is actually the office of the MCA Damansara Utama branch and the chairman Dr Wong Wei Khiang has allowed my team and I to operate here," she said.
The office is open weekdays from 10am to 5pm. Chew will be at the service centre every Wednesday from 8pm to 10pm. The women and children's aid unit team leader, Serene Ting and the legal aid team leader Lai Chee Hoe will be present at the same time and day. "Those who want to see me should call first to make sure I'll be at the office," she said. The service centre is at 36B, Jalan SS21/39, Damansara Utama. Call 03-77283922 (Ms Yap) for enquiries.

No comments: